Friday, October 10, 2008

Fall is Coming


Today it felt like fall was really coming.  It was overcast and windy and cool. Made me want to curl up with a good book near a fireplace and Molly (the dog).  It was only up in the low 50's by noon and felt like snow was in the air. I figured I'd try to get the last lawn mowing of the year done later in the day and then see if I needed to turn off my lawn sprinkler (and my mom's and my mother-in-law's and ...).

So I walked over to my regular dentist visit for the joys of clean teeth (and the prevention of all the ills of decayed teeth).  I spent about an hour in the dental office because the dentist is a long time acquaintance so we visited for a bit after the exam and tooth cleaning. And then I walked out the door and my jaw about hit the sidewalk.

It is now a completely different day.  The heavy, ugly overcast of earlier in the day has mysteriously disappeared. Instead, it is sunny and fast approaching the mid 60's. So I mowed my lawn and finished winterizing the lawn mower under the assumption that the cold is coming. But I didn't have to consider shutting off the sprinkling systems yet. And it was warm enough to break a good sweat while mowing the lawn even as dusk set in.

This is one of the things I love about living on the eastern plains of Colorado.  If you don't like the weather now, wait a bit and it will be completely different.  Here's to hoping that this weekend isn't snowy! {*grin*}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to ... so just do it!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin