Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wha?

Today is being spent making up for all the brain deadness of yesterday. Yesterday was one of those days that would have been better spent not even getting out of bed. How bad was it? Well ...

The day began with me getting up and mentally going through my todo list for the day as I got dressed in my bathroom. My attention wondered back to reality when I saw a flash of green and  had the random thought "I don't have any green pants." A few moments later it struck me that I was busily trying to stuff my leg into my green tee shirt sleeve and pull it up in the belief it was my pants. That brought reality crashing in for at least a few moments, at least long enough to finish getting dressed and get to work. At least I didn't look quite as odd as Lady Gaga in one of her tamer incarnations:
But it was close, too close for comfort.

The bad thing is that it was the high point of my day. The rest of the day amounted to being interrupted mid-thought in everything I tried to get done. I got phone calls from every marketing firm in the universe, a couple from people who still won't believe I'm not named Steve, and the usually assortment of lost pets and animal care concerns. After trying 5 times to fill out the grant paperwork for a proposal and still not getting past the first paragraph, I decided to go with the flow and just shut the brain down for the day. How do you handle those kind of days?

So today my brain has been rebooted and the cogito interruptus has been at a minimum. Maybe I'll even get some real work done and not do battle with non-existent green pants. A guy can hope, can't he?

Maybe tomorrow will be even better as I turn yet another year older and closer to death (with due apologies to Pink Floyd for mashing their timeless lyrics). (Yup, that's right. I have a {*gasp*} birthday tomorrow.)

3 comments:

  1. Those are the days I take long, long naps. I just hope the brain fog has lifted when I wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just laughed so hard about you wearing your green shirt as pants. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just like blueviolet, I go and take long naps on days like the one you had.

    The incident of you mistaking your green shirt for pants instantly made me think of E trying to wear her shirts as if they were pants :)

    And a happy early birthday to you (in case I forget to stop by tomorrow)

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to ... so just do it!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin