Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cold Doggy

Remember how I remarked on Molly and her cold loving habits yesterday? Well here she is at about 9 this morning as the temperature hit 2 degrees.
This is after an hour of me repeatedly calling her and asking if she wants to come in and getting the "Who me?" look in response.

My real question is what does she hope to spot as she scans the snow. The squirrels don't come down to the ground when it is this cold, so it can't be a squirrel. Likewise the birds aren't flitting about much right now. (Although I did see a flight of at least a 100 geese circling and honking this morning as I shoveled the walk!) So what is it that is so interesting?

I have my own theory. This is when Molly thinks her deep thoughts. You know, the thoughts that she tries to express when she sits with her head in my lap and makes googly eyes at me. Rather than dumb affection, I always wonder if it might not be more along the lines of her trying to mentally convey that she has solved all the problems of the universe and why haven't I caught up to her. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your post, and that doggie is so cute! freezing though?

    First time here. Popped over to your blog through BV's site.

    The best
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Molly must have a very good tolerance of the cold! An hour in all that snow and she is still out there!

    She does look very deep in thought though :)

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to ... so just do it!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin