Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Month So Far ...

I seem to be unable to get my bloggy groove running smooth of recent days, so here are a couple of the high points from the last couple of weeks. Hopefully just writing it out will re-start the groove thing. {*grin*}

We held our annual garage sale over Labor Day weekend. L and I have decided that this is the last one for a while. As you might remember from last year (described here), we had a big one. Here's a picture of a small part of the sale from last year:

This year was a bit more restrained because we have finally gotten rid of a lot of the junk that accumulated over the last 20+ years of living here. Now that we are down to normal levels of trashy treasures, it is time to let the stuff breed and grow for a while. Then we can have another big one. At least the MIL was able to sell her freezer for more than she was asking for it.

This year also featured L and I's anniversary falling on Labor Day. So on the 6th, L and I spent time together around the house and then went to supper with our mothers. What might be called a very high key celebration of 35 years of wedded bliss. {*grin*}  L and I have never been ones to treat the day as a cause for massive celebrations, but this was a very pleasant time because we got to spend it together with only a simple supper social obligation. For a number of years I played in a 3 day Labor Day golf tournament, so our anniversary almost always fell during the tourney. This year I did not and it made the day really laid back. A progression of L and I over the years:

Engagement

Marriage

20+ Years Married

Recent Times











Avatars

I am still amazed how lucky I am to have L in my life, even after all these years.

Well, that is all I have time for right now. Hopefully I will be back to more regular blogging now that the garden, melons, and lawn have slowed down and the temperatures are starting to feel fallish. 

4 comments:

  1. I remember last year's garage sale, wasn't there a funny story about your mom and a chalkboard or something like that?

    Love the photos of y'all through the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the through the year photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great pictures! Hope you had a great anniversary! I got married in September too. It's a beautiful month for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, this was a great post about you and L. I just love the photos of you two over the years :)

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to ... so just do it!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin