Thursday, September 16, 2010

Revival

Unable to cope with the loss of my precious Seiko, I decided that a post mortem examination was in order. Out came the magnifying glasses and miniature tools and micro soldering iron plus a few test instruments. I set to work without much hope, but my old friend deserved at least one last ditch effort on my part.

Sparing you all the gory details, I traced the leads from the quartz crystal and low and behold - a tiny crack in the wire whisker. Fortunately, I was able to do a quick solder job and Seiko sprang back to life with all the energy of a teenager. Once I got his guts put back in place and his case re-sealed, he merrily ticked along. Here's hoping for another 37 years (by which point I may not be around to care ... {*grin*}).


Go Seiko!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations Dr. Frankenstein!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny :) I was about to comment on the previous post where you mentioned the death of your watch but then I read ahead to this post and lo and behold! You fixed your watch! That was definitely a short mourning period :) Glad that your friend is back and happily ticking away again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious. And scary in something that sounds exactly like what my husband would do! :)

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to ... so just do it!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin