Thursday, March 11, 2010

Variegated Topics

It seems that whenever I do haiku on this blog, I get more comments than any other time. Maybe I should become a total comment hog and specialize entirely in bad haiku?

In any case, many of you commented on the pictures with yesterday's haikus. To assuage your inner child as to whence they came, let me explain. I wrote the haikus first and then turned to Google Images to find pictures that illustrated what was in my mind's eye as I wrote. I took none of the pictures. To give credit where credit is due, here they are with the information I have on their origins.

First up, this beautiful picture
came from Mr McLellan's Sci and Bio page associated with the Nayland School in New Zealand. Photographer uncredited.

Next,
is a picture of Donner Pass, looking back towards Truckee Lake taken from Serene Musings, no photographer given.

Lastly,
is a photograph of a stream (near Death Valley, I believe) by Chris VenHaus.

Time to get some real work done. L is coming home from the mountains tomorrow early. Yippee! In honor of the even, yet another haiku:

L coming from on high
Joyous melding into one
Reunion is sweet

6 comments:

  1. You have a talent with the haikus. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, still, you had to find the photos and they did a great job with the writing you did. Your haiku today is full of Luuuuuuv!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you the good lil' blogger giving credit where credit is due. I NEVER (maybe once) do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, such a sweet haiku. Love it.

    And that last photo? Wow. I LOVE the image they captured there, especially with the reflection. I just don't have that good an eye.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to ... so just do it!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin