Monday, December 7, 2009

I'm Back ...

Since I wussed out and went to bed early last night, I know you have been waiting with baited breath for this post. You can now breathe. I am here. {*grin*}
And did you know that the built in spell checking in most browsers doesn't grok "wussed out"? But it does grok grok and is happy to suggest wusses! I therefore conclude that the people who write the spell checkers are Heinlein fans with little exposure to everyday language. Now that I have insulted the all-powerful spelling Geeks, watch for the number of mis-spellings here to rise exponentially. I'm already preparing a burnt offering to appease them.

Since it is nearing noon and the temperature is finally close to hitting double digits (i.e. 10), I think we should celebrate. After all, this is supposed to be one of the warmer days this week, so a little

is in order to keep our spirits up.

We only got a dash of snow yesterday, less than 3 inches, but I loved it because it was dry powder snow. That meant when I walked out to get the paper Sunday morning, every step made that characteristic squee-scrunch that happens with powder snow when the temperature is near single digits. Made me want to traipse around making more squee-scrunches in spite of not having my coat on and wearing these moccasins in the sub-zero wind chill.

Note that Jenners feared I might wear these in public clear back here. (Just to allay her fears, no one else was out in the cold and snow at the time.) It was fortunate that we didn't get more snow or the open toe design modification would have failed when packed with snow.

The weather forecasters are predicting we won't reach 20 for the high until Friday or Saturday, so most of the snow we have will sit and glow in the brilliant sunlight. I love that blinding glare when it is clear and cold and snow covered. I suppose I'd better enjoy it today since tomorrow is supposed to be interesting*. At least it is not forecast to be the blizzard conditions forecast for the areas to the south of us.

Time to get some more work done. I need to get some stuff finished for the Scout committee meeting tonight and then get busy. Don't eat any yellow snow.



*Issued by The National Weather Service
Denver/Boulder, CO
11:35 am MST, Mon., Dec. 7, 2009


... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 5 PM MST TUESDAY... 

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DENVER HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 5 PM MST TUESDAY. 

SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 8 INCHES ARE EXPECTED ACROSS THE PLAINS OF NORTH EAST COLORADO BY 5 PM MST TUESDAY... WITH THE HIGHER AMOUNTS OVER LARIMER COUNTY AND THE FAR EASTERN PLAINS. 

3 comments:

  1. Here's hoping you have new shoes before all that snow arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT SNOW!!! Ugh, we have been staying in the upper 30's with lots of rain. It's awful. Btw...my firefox browser still shows misspellings...it's says btw is misspelled and firefox LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's time to end the lives of those slippers...actually, they look like Molly has used them as chew toys...

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to ... so just do it!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin