Wednesday, June 23, 2010

This Toad's For You

This Toad is for you L.

L is always concerned about how the toad(s) that live in our flowers and lawn are doing. Today I got the answer while mowing the lawn. After the rains of earlier weeks, it was clear momma and papa toad had been busy as there were lots of little toads the size of the tip of my finger hopping about:
(Not my picture or finger! Both are from here.)

On the other hand, I only briefly spotted momma toad looking more like this:

I can safely say that the toad family seems to be thriving in the current odd weather. Hopefully they enjoy the bumper crop of bugs hatching daily. Because it is clear that Molly and I don't.

2 comments:

  1. I was just going to mention their diet and you beat me too it. Here's to hoping they eat 3X their weight in bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are really tiny frogs if they are the size of the tip of your finger! How did you manage to not squish them by accident while mowing your lawn?

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to ... so just do it!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin