Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

I saw this list of "Have you ever" questions floating around the web and figured it was a fun no brainer for Wacky Wednesday. I'm not sure where it originated. I traced it back at least four generations with no hint of the original author. Without further ado, here are my answers. (The questions I answered in the affirmative are in bold.)


1. Started your own blog - you bet.
2. Slept under the stars - yes.
3. Played in a band - yes - HS marching band was the last.
4. Visited Hawaii - yes.
5. Watched a meteor shower - yes.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity - close.
7. Been to Disneyland/world - yes - was disappointed in Disneyland.
8. Climbed a mountain - I've walked up a hill, does that count?
9. Held a praying mantis - yes - even had one as a pet for a while.
10. Sang a solo - NO - even my lovely wife prohibits my singing anywhere within 20 miles.
11. Bungee jumped - NO - 300 lbs + people do not generally bungee and blog about it.
12. Visited Paris - no - but my spouse has.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea - yes - but only from shore.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - yes - if spool knitting counts.
15. Adopted a child - no.
16. Had food poisoning - no.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - yes - once.
18. Grown your own vegetables - yes.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - no.
20. Slept on an overnight train - no.
21. Had a pillow fight - yes.
22. Hitch hiked - yes - once. Discovered that no one picks up a big ugly mean looking guy.
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill - yes.
24. Built a snow fort - yes.
25. Held a lamb - yes - mainly at county fair time.
26. Gone skinny dipping - yes, many a time in my younger days.
27. Run a Marathon - no.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - no.
29. Seen a total eclipse - yes, once.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - yes, countless times.
31. Hit a home run - yes, more than 40 years ago.
32. Been on a cruise - no.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person - yes. In the middle of winter on the way back to college. Coldest I have ever been in my life.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - yes, some of them. Many of the sites are within 40 miles of here.
35. Seen an Amish community - yes, driving through Penn.
36. Taught yourself a new language - yes - but only if computer languages count. I managed to survive the language requirements for my degrees, but it was a struggle beyond belief for me to lean a language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - yes - I just wish it was now.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person - no.
39. Gone rock climbing - once. My college buddy convince me to try it once. Never again!
40. Seen Michelangelo's David - not in real life.
41. Sung karaoke (badly) - no - see #10 above.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - not in person.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - only by accident.
44. Visited Africa -no.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - yes!
46. Been transported in an ambulance - yes, in college once.
47. Had your portrait painted - not by anyone other than offspring.
48. Gone deep sea fishing - went out with a group but didn't fish - does that count?
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person - no.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - no.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - yes, in Hawaii.
52. Kissed in the rain - yes.
53. Played in the mud -yes - even played in "mudbowl" game once.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater - yes.
55. Been in a movie - no. I've been on set and helped arrange access for film makers, but never in front of the camera.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China - no.
57. Started a business - yes! More times than the fingers on one hand.
58. Taken a martial arts class - no.
59. Visited Russia - no.
60. Served at a soup kitchen - no.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies -no. I have sold Boy Scout Popcorn.
62. Gone whale watching - yes.
63. Got flowers for no reason - no.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - no. I suffer from a chronic condition that prevents donation. My spouse on the other hand gives often and has a rare blood type.
65. Gone sky diving - no. See #11.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - no.
67. Bounced a check - yes, by accident.
68. Flown in a helicopter - yes.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - My favorite childhood book (Digger Dan) still hangs out here.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - yes.
71. Eaten Caviar - yes. Much prefer fried American catfish eggs.
72. Pieced a quilt - helped some with Mom and the quilting ladies, but not on my own.
73. Stood in Times Square - yes.
74. Toured the Everglades - yes, for about 3 hours whilst attending a conference at FSU.
75. Been fired from a job - yes.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London - no.
77. Broken a bone - yes - at least twice. Compound fracture of arm in grade school and crushed humerus a few years ago.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - yes. Mostly by accident when I pulled back on the throttle on a friends bike.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - yes.
80. Published a book - no, closest was my PhD thesis.
81. Visited the Vatican - no.
82. Bought a brand new car - yes.
83. Walked in Jerusalem -no.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper - yes. Happened a lot when I played football and now that I am mayor it happens all the time - many times for no real reason.
85. Read the entire Bible - yes.
86. Visited the White House - yes.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - yes.
88. Had chickenpox - yes.
89. Saved someone's life - yes. At least that's what he claimed. I always thought of it as being a friend.
90. Sat on a jury - questionable - I have been empaneled, but when the defendant walked in and saw us in the jury box, he turned to his attorney and plead guilty.
91. Met someone famous - yes. Many famous scientists, some pro football players, some politicians, etc.
92. Joined a book club - yes. Both Science Fiction and Mystery clubs at one time.
93. Lost a loved one - yes. My grandparents and my spouse and my fathers are deceased.
94. Had a baby - Well, we (my spouse and I) have. I'd be really famous if I had one.
95. Seen the Alamo in person - I can't remember. I've been in San Antonio, but don't remember the Alamo as a highlight.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake - walked along the shore in fall, never swam.
97. Been involved in a law suit - yes.
98. Owned a cell phone - yes. Unfortunately.
99. Been stung by a bee - yes. Multiple times.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to ... so just do it!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin