Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Typealyzer

Have you tried out the Typealyzer beta? It reads your blog and then comes back with an estimate of the Meyers-Briggs index for the style of your blog writings. I find it interesting because in a full scale testing I always come out as the classical INTJ scientist in a Meyers-Briggs test. But he results for my scribblings here seems to be very different.


Example 1: I fed Typealyzer the URL for the whole blog . The result was

ESFP - The Performers

The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves.

The enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation - qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions.



Example 2: I fed Typealyzer the URL for my discourse on the pledge of allegiance (YAT ) and it gave me:
ISTP - The Mechanics
The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment are masters of responding to challenges that arise spontaneously. They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts.

The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like seek fun and action both in their work and personal life. They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters.




Example 3: I fed Typealyzer the URL for my rant about the decline of the scientific method and experimental science (Rant #1 ) and it came back with:

ISTJ - The Duty Fulfillers

The responsible and hardworking type. They are especially attuned to the details of life and are careful about getting the facts right. Conservative by nature they are often reluctant to take any risks whatsoever.

The Duty Fulfillers are happy to be let alone and to be able to work int heir own pace. They know what they have to do and how to do it.




So out of three different samples of my writing, not one came back like my internal personality. I (being an INTJ at heart) wrote a quick script to submit each of the 60 or so pieces in the blog individually to Typealyzer. I got very few analyses that agreed with each other. I interpret this to mean that one or more of the following are true:
  •  I cannot express myself well
  •  Typealzer still has much work to do
  •  I hide my true self every time I pickup up keyboard and type away
So which do you think it is?
P.S. Just so you know, this is the description of the typical INTJ - people who know me think it is pretty close to the mark for my real personality.

INTJ - The Scientists

The long-range thinking and individualistic type. They are especially good at looking at almost anything and figuring out a way of improving it - often with a highly creative and imaginative touch. They are intellectually curious and daring, but might be physically hesitant to try new things.

The Scientists enjoy theoretical work that allows them to use their strong minds and bold creativity. Since they tend to be so abstract and theoretical in their communication they often have a problem communicating their visions to other people and need to learn patience and use concrete examples. Since they are extremely good at concentrating they often have no trouble working alone.

1 comment:

You know you want to ... so just do it!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin