Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Nectar of the Forgotten Gods

Do you ever have foods that you forget how good they taste until you have them again? I do.
 +

The other night I made strawberry Jello (sugar free, of course) with pineapple (ditto) in it. I hadn't made that in a while and had forgotten how good it is. In fact, it was so good that I had it for breakfast. Strawberry Jello with pineapple and a side of cottage cheese. The breakfast of the gods -Yum!

In any case, it brought to mind several thoughts:

  • Do you have foods that tickle your taste buds but that you forget/fail to make for long periods?
  • Do you eat foods at non-traditional meal times (like Jello for breakfast)?
  • Do you find yourself falling into food ruts (like an apple and a piece of cheese for breakfast everyday)?


Inquiring minds want to know.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm...jello and pineapple. I don't think I've ever had that. And I will eat anything for breakfast- doesn't need to be breakfast food. If I have an uneaten sub sandwich in the fridge you can bet that it'll be gone by 9am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat the same stuff all the time. I'm very picky and I rarely get tired of the foods I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very true. I had a liverwurst sandwich yesterday for the first time in several years and it was yummy. Sure, it wasn't healthy, but it is one of those foods, for me, I don't want often, but when I have it, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a soup fanatic. We almost always have a tupperware full in the fridge. Nuking a bowl for breakfast happens at least once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breakfast can be anything, depending on the left overs situation. Quite partial to left over risotto cooked in the sandwich toaster. Crunchy.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to ... so just do it!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin