Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bad Hair(less) Day

Today has been one of those days. You know the type. Things go wrong and nothing works like it should and you aren't quite thinking straight.

It started this morning with the phone service for the Animal Officers missing (all of their phones being unreachable with the dreaded "You do not exist!" message from the cellular carrier).  That left all the calls routing to me with no way to get the officers to respond. Finally got that sorted out by 1pm when the cellular carrier finally fessed up to screwing it up. You never want to hear the words "Oh, we changed all our internal coding last night and forgot to handle your subset." Getting everyone to pull the batteries out of their handsets and then pull their sim cards for long enough to reset and putting it all back together again was interesting. It seems that many good animal people are a bit technology challenged and can't figure out how to open their phones without detailed instruction. Which is hard to do when their phones aren't working. Thank heavens for internet connectivity and email and laptop video.


The day of snafus left me a bit discombobulated (and of course well behind schedule on all the things I had planned to get done). It was in the upper 60s and glorious outside and I didn't get to enjoy it. Then, as I was making supper, I found myself opening the microwave to get a fork and putting a dish of food in the silverware drawer to heat it up. Needless to say, that was untenable. But I did finally get the meal made and it was edible, so I couldn't have made too many really bad errors during preparation.

I'll leave you with this succinct view of the current idiocy occurring in congress:

2 comments:

  1. The cartoon is priceless. I hope that your day is full of cheer and good luck on this St. Patrick's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is almost every technological snafu handled in life with rebooting something (computer, phone and I noticed when my cable box is out, if I unplug it from the wall and re-plug it in, everything works).

    Wouldn't it be nice if a nap or after getting up in the morning. Sure, I know every day is a new slate, but it would be nice if all problems were solved.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to ... so just do it!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin