Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

It's that time of year here on the high plains - spring. The time of pollen, warmth, and wind. What more could one ask for?

Pollen levels are already high enough to qualify for health alerts, temperatures are in the 70s and 80s, and winds are predicted to be in the 50 mph range tomorrow. I always love the warnings and forecasts about the pollen this time of year:
Concentration of pollen grains in the air for Tuesday will be greater than today's levels and extend even further into the extremely high range. This forecast of higher pollen concentration is based on strong winds and decreasing humidity.

Makes me really happy I don't suffer from hay fever or other pollen allergies.

This post brought to you by the 24 loads of lawn detritus, 8 loads of tree limbs, and the complete coverage of the lawn with weed and feed Saturday followed by the early phases of getting the garden ready on Sunday.

6 comments:

  1. That extreme close up of pollen scares me a little. Okay, a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhg- the pollen has been killing me this year!! Everything is tinted yellow, and I'm sneezing and coughing and rubbing my eyes constantly!! Good thing I love warm weather and pretty flowers. They make the suffering worthwhile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's the pictures of your yard? All that hard work must have warranted a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pollen is HORRIBLE here. Everything is yellow and my sinuses are dying! Now that you're done with your yard I could use some help....just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about the pollen! It's ridiculous right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, pollen season...here in Tokyo, we've been getting pollen warnings for over 2 months already. Seems like every other Japanese person here has hay fever...And it's not just a sneeze here and there and the watery eyes. It's the full blown, can't-open-my-eyes and wear-a-ski-mask-to-keep-pollen-out kinda serious here.

    Makes me glad that I don't have hay fever either, especially seeing how miserable my friends get during this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to ... so just do it!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin