Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Perfection or Not

I often find myself walking in the park and listening to music on my phone (one of the joys of a smart phone is that it doubles as a music machine and computer and ...). Sometimes the mood of the day and the endorphin high of the walk and the sound of the music meshes perfectly. It is on those days that I have a hard time resisting the temptation to dragoon each and every person that I encounter and insisting that they grab an earphone and share the perfection of the experience.

Other times I am mired in the day and cannot find music that matches the weather and the walk. It is the type of day feels like a slog. On those days I pass people who look like they are clearly having a day where everything is perfect. On those days I am sorely tempted to stop them and ask what they are listening to so that I can gain that  nirvana too.

So my questions for you are:

  • Do you ever feel that urge to share the perfection of the soundtrack of your life? 
  • Do you ever want to ask someone else what soundtrack is making their day so much better than yours? 

Inquiring minds want to know?

4 comments:

  1. No. I love silence. Why? Don't know. Just do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just put my ipod on random and walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I normally don't listen to music when I walk since I like hearing the noises of the bustling city around me. I do love running to music though...but I rarely get the urge to share that with any random strangers.

    I have wondered about what other people listen to before because there are always a lot of strangers on the train with earbuds in their ears. However, they all look so glum or unfriendly that I refrain from asking them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, it's probably best that you haven't dragooned anyone thus far. Just a thought. ;)

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to ... so just do it!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin