Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It Must Be Fall ...

... because my musical taste is migrating towards "fall" music.

I don't know about you, but I tend to undergo seasonal modification of my choice of listening music. Summer leads to a preference for springy and funky music, akin to this Mungo Jerry classic:


But in the fall and spring, my taste turns to heavier and more cathartic music like these Jefferson Starship classics:

and



Of course, come the hard days of winter, there is only one possible salvation: the full 17+ minute version of In A Gadda Da Vida by Iron Butterfly. (Unfortunately, the YouTube time/bandwidth constraints only allow mutilated short versions of this classic to be posted. Trust me, the full version is worth searching out and puts the poor pale mutants to shame.) Here is the full song split into two videos. If you want the full experience. put both together in a YouTube playlist and they will play as one full length song. (It helps to have dropped some serious hallucinogens before seeing the original video circa 1969 contained herein. {*grin*})



Anyone who can listen to the full song and not feel rejuvenated and renewed must have grown up in the wrong generation. Or maybe they were just not exposed to enough hallucinogens early in life. {*grin*}

So how does your taste in music gyrate with the seasons?

4 comments:

  1. You are sure right about the full version of In A Gadda Da Vida. It's an all time favorite of mine.

    I listen to mostly classical these days though and don't really notice any seasonal variation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think my tastes change seasonally, other than Christmas carols of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jefferson Starship? I have heard of them...

    These days, music is not a part of my world. Perhaps someday, but I don't think the seasons will impact my selections--enjoyable is enjoyable whatever the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved Jerry's sideburns. Haven't seen any like that recently

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to ... so just do it!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin