A: "Have you heard about the two Nebraska players declared ineligible for the bowl game?"
B: "No - What happened?"
A: "Seems they both were failing the same class. The coach talked to the professor and got him to agree to give them a retest yesterday. If they passed the test, they could play in the bowl game, otherwise ..."
B: "How did the re-test go?"
A: "I heard it went like this:"
The players walk into the room and are handed exams. They have one hour to finish. They get settled in and start riffling through the test, occasionally writing and erasing furiously.
- Player #1: Psst! Hey Psst!
- Player #2: What do you want? You know we aren't supposed to be talking here.
- Player #1: But I'm really stuck on question #3. Can't you give me a hand?
- Player #2: Let me see. (Flips pages to question 3 which reads "Old MacDonald had a _____") That's obvious - the answer is farm!
- Player #1: Thanks.
- Player #1: Psst! Hey Psst! Psst!
- Player #2: Now what?
- Player #1: I'm really stumped here. How do you spell farm?
- Player #2: Come on man, you know that! e-i-e-i-o.
Now you know why the Nebraska players remained ineligible.